I get asked a lot for recipes for egg free breakfasts. Eggs are kind of a “go to” in the paleo, low carb, and gluten free worlds. But many people have allergies to eggs, need to avoid them because of sensitivities, or just plain don’t like them!
I actually love eggs, but there are times when I am not in the mood for eggs…again. If I am making breakfast and eggs sound so blah to me, I won’t eat them. I’m a firm believer in listening to your body. Now, this is different than saying “my body says I should never eat vegetables”. 😉 That is likely your MIND, not your body. Most of us could use to eat MORE veggies. But truly listening to your body when it is telling you not to eat something or to stop eating something is really important.
That said, who doesn’t want to shake up the breakfast routine a bit at times? I love roasted veggies and Italian sausage
Of course this meal also works amazing for lunch or dinner – so make it any time. Remember breakfast is just a meal like the others. There’s no need to have “breakfast” food. I often eat leftovers from dinner for breakfast. It’s all about changing the mindset!
Italian Sheet Pan Breakfast
- 2 T olive oil divided
- 2 Sweet bell peppers (any color) chopped
- 1/2 large red onion chopped
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dired parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 5 Italian Sausages (turkey or pork) uncooked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread 1 T of the olive oil over the bottom of a large sheet pan (I used a pastry brush).
- Place the tomatoes and other chopped veggies on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle remaining 1 T of oil over all of the veggies.
- Sprinkle the basil, parsley, oregano, salt, & pepper over the veggies.
- Prick the sausages with a fork, and place on top of the veggies.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 min, flipping the sausages halfway through. Remove from the oven and serve, or divide into 5 glass containers to prep for meals throughout the week.